NSS provides extensive Systems Safety Analysis experience in the development of fixed-wing and rotorcraft in accordance with ARP4754A and ARP4761 requirements.
Our safety team consists of seasoned systems engineers that have participated in the development and safety analysis of numerous highly complex systems projects. They possess a deep understanding of all aircraft systems and know-how to satisfy regulatory requirements. As we perform safety analysis, our team is focused on efficiency and value to the systems, hardware and software developments by generating meaningful reports.
Some safety and reliability services we provide:
- Safety Development Planning
- Functional Hazard Assessment (FHA)
- Systems Safety Assessment (SSA)
- Failure Modes and Effects Analysis (FMEA)
- Failure Modes and Effects Analysis Substantiation Testing
- Common Mode Analysis (CMA)
- Reliability Predictions
Strong understanding of aircraft systems coupled with proven systems development methods to reduce the development and V/V efforts. Let us apply the depth and breadth of our knowledge to your program:
- Aircraft Level Systems Requirement Development
- Systems Design and Performance Analysis
- Aerodynamics and Systems Modeling
- High Level and Low-Level Requirements Development
- Effective Verification and Validation Test Strategies Development
- Engineering Planning and Process Development
The following lists systems that were developed by NSS:
Major Aircraft Systems
- Primary Flight Controls – FBW
- Secondary Flight Controls
- Electronic Engine Controls
- Electrical Power Distribution
- Navigation & Communication
- Display Systems
- Schematic Development
- Aircraft Wiring diagrams
- Test Benches and Custom Electronics
Aircraft Utility Systems
- Environmental Control System
- Fuel Control System
- Fire Protection System
- Ice/Rain Protection System
- Landing Gear System
- Brake & Steering System
- Exterior & Interior Lighting
- Bleed Air System
- Cabin Pressure
- Oxygen System
- Cabin Systems (Including DOORS)
NSS’s software engineers are well versed in the requirements of safety-critical software for the aerospace applications We offer software development services from planning and development, integration and validation processes per DO-178B/C including model-based development.
We have special expertise in Closed Loop Control Systems Development and Model-Based Development using MATLAB Simulink and auto-code generation. We adhere to and produce high-quality RTCA DO-178B/C Level A compliant software.
Our experience spans all phases of the safety-critical and real-time embedded software development for mission-critical avionics and telecommunications.
NSS has extensive development experience in Application Development, Communications System Software, Real-Time Operating Systems and Built-In Testing for the aerospace industry.
NSS’s hardware engineers are well versed in the development requirements for aerospace embedded safety-critical systems. We offer embedded software and hardware development services from planning, design, integration, verification, and validation in accordance with RTCA DO-178B/C, DO-254 traditional and Model based approaches. Our processes comply with DAL-A development requirements.
Our team is experienced in decomposing systems requirements into high and low level hardware and software requirements, generate the derived requirements, design and build aircraft systems simulations, build prototype hardware, and/or build the end product including mechanical packaging and test fixtures.
Verification and Validation
NSS provides experienced and dedicated engineers for DO-178B Level A Verification and Validation (V&V) efforts. Offering competent support all the way through certification, our experience can prevent costly problems resulting from incomplete or misguided testing.
NSS has extensive experience performing the following system and software level DO-178B activities:
- Verification/validation Planning
- Verification and Validation Processes Development
- Test Case Development, Execution, and Results Analysis
- Test Coverage Analysis
- Aircraft System Level or Product Level Test Automation
SOI Audits & DER Support
NSS provides comprehensive DER services to support any or all phases development through certification for part, 23, 25, 27 and 29 aircrafts for simple and complex systems. We develop or assist in the development of the engineering process and planning documentation, systems, high and low-level requirements development, Verification and Validation planning and execution, conducting or supporting SOI audits, data approval and submittal including ODA representation with a thorough understanding of the application of the following FAA guidelines:
- Systems Development Per ARP4754A
- Safety Development Per ARP4754A and ARP4761
- Software Development Per DO-178B/C
- IMA Development Per DO-297
- Hardware Development Per DO-254
NSS can fill in any program’s gap in resources or expertise. Our workforce is flexible and knowledgeable to perform any support your program needs;
- DO-178B, DO-254, ARP-4761 & ARP-4754 Training
- DO-178B and DO-254 Certification Planning and Execution
- DER Support
- Project Development Audits
- Requirements Development Reviews or Audits
- Development Process Program Planning
- Simulation Modeling
- Graybeard Consulting
- Technical Proposal Effort
- Design Optimization
- Root Cause Analysis