Design and develop embedded avionics-grade software. Design and develop software tools used to automate/assist in development of avionics systems and software.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop high and low-level software requirements.
- Develop embedded flight-worthy software and product development software tools.
- Comply with the software life cycle processes for the production of software for airborne systems per DO-178B/C.
- Programming Languages – C, C++, C#, Python, MATLAB/Simulink, LabView, Visual Basic
- Bus communication protocols – I2C, SPI, UART, USB, RS232/RS485, Ethernet, ARINC 429, ARINC 717
- User interfaces development – Edit and display large amounts of technical data.
- Embedded C software development on microcontrollers – Experience with Freescale/NXP microcontrollers is preferred.
- Teamwork – Balances team and individual responsibilities, exhibits objectivity and openness to others’ views, gives and welcomes feedback, contributes to building a positive team spirit, puts success of team above own interests.
- Professionalism – Approaches others in a tactful manner, reacts well under pressure, treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position, accepts responsibility for own actions, follows through on commitments.
- Microsoft Visual Studio
- Microsoft Excel
- Microsoft Access (preferred)
Education and/or Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering
- At least five years of embedded programming experience.
The candidate must be a U.S. Citizen or U.S. Permanent Resident (Green Card holder).