Design, manufacture, and test components, aviation products, and systems by performing the following duties.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Design new aerospace products, modify existing hardware designs, improve production techniques, and develop test procedures.
Confers with management, production, and marketing staff to determine engineering feasibility, cost effectiveness, and customer demand for new and existing products.
Coordinate with System, Software, and Safety engineers.
Advises management of new developments which may affect risk, schedule, costs and customer relations.
Maintains a working knowledge of new technologies which may improve operations and develops recommendations accordingly.
Hardware Design (with optional board layout a plus) – Design robust, aerospace-quality electronic circuitry design per DO-160 requirements. Must consider industry standard layout practices, testability, cost and ease of assembly, parts availability and obsolescence.
Bus communication protocols – I2C, SPI, UART, USB, RS232/RS485, Ethernet, ARINC 429, ARINC 717, DO-
Education and/or Experience
- EE Bachelor’s or Master’s degree is preferred and at least 5 years related experience.
- Experience designing boards with FPGAs is preferred.
- AS9100 processes and standards familiarity is preferred.
- SQL Database experience is preferred.
- Mechanical packaging experience is preferred.